INTERIEUR 2018 expands beyond the exhibition halls again. Under the title TO OBJECT, the renewed Interieur Festival guarantees a surprising and creative city programme centred around the premises of the now defunct Sint-Maarten hospital.
Various young designers and emerging studios will use the abandoned Sint-Maarten hospital as a backdrop for their creative concepts. Exhibitions, workshops, lectures and performances are planned at different locations in the city centre.
The Interieur Festival also runs a little longer than the Biennale Interieur and is organized in collaboration with numerous cultural players from Kortrijk and beyond.
- Sabine Marcelis (NZ/NL) operates at the intersection between installation and object design and will make sure you enter the hospital with a bang.
- Fashion and ceramic designer Harvey Bouterse (NL/SUR) presents a Ceramic Wunderkammer, filling his hospital room with treasures that immerse the visitor in the world of a ceramicist.
- Creative branding agency DIFT (BE) presents ‘The New Masters', inviting 20 artists to reinterpret the characteristics of graphic design in the interior and design sector over the past 50 years.
- Piet-Albert Goethals and Jessy Van Durme introduce Akt, a new independent interior and lifestyle magazine.
- Wilde Westen curates the expo ‘Sound Art To Object’, gathering 6 artists who will join sound and matter in ‘sound objects’.
- Sep Verboom (BE) and his studio LIVABLE collaborate with traditional communities around the world aiming for a social, ecological and qualitative revolution of the traditional industries. - SMENT (BE) presents new additions to their Gestalt range of material-based objects.
- It's a Roel (BE) presents an installation in the majestic entry hall of the Guldensporencollege.
- The Moro chair by Studio Achoo (BE) will be a perfect resting spot.
- HoWest takes over an entire wing of the hospital for HoWest LABEAU.
- #LANDSCAPES is an interactive exhibition by Buda vzw that joins painting and gaming.
- Week of Design / Week van het ontwerpen is the platform for inspiration and the exchange of know-how between the industry and the creative educational field. The exhibition ‘We Are The Next Generation’ gathers the best student works from different creative educational institutions in Belgium and the North of France.
- In addition to the shop in the Kortrijk Xpo, creative studio Baroness O. also hosts, curates and designs the official shop at the Interieur Festival. Moreover, lunch bar Cantine provides a healthy, quick and tasty offering of snacks and drinks.
Grand Opening Party on Saturday 20.10 from 17.00 - 22.00